Saturday, March 28, 2009

My Mom's Birthday Card

My Mom's birthday is on the 31st and that means that this weekend begins her birthday celebration. That's right, in my family you celebrate for at least a week. My husband was lucky if anyone acknowledged his birthday when he was a kid so marrying into a family like mine was really threw him for a loop. He still doesn't understand the concept of an extended celebration-Go Figure!!

Tomorrow is the party for the immediate family. That means present time!! I think she will like all of the things that I chose for her. She buys everything she wants so she is bit hard to shop for. . .I think I did okay.

I thought I would post the card that I made for her. My friends will be very surprised by this card because usually I am ANTI-butterfly stamps. However, I can proudly say that there are no butterfly stamps on this card at all. Amazing, huh?


I used SEI dp (then I blinged it up with some Denami translucent glitter). Then I used Bazzill Bling cs. The butterflies on the left side are cardboard punchouts that came in my Club SEI set a long while back. With a little bit of careful bending, my butterflies look like they are trying to fly off the page. As for the vellum butterfly. . .No stamp there either, that is all handmade my friends. I dry embossed by tracing a butterfly that was on a scrap piece of the SEI dp onto the vellum, cut around it, then went over most of the dry embossing with a Quickie Glue Pen and my Denami translucent glitter. I used the Fiskars Effervescence border punch at the bottom. Not sure if you can tell from the picture but this is a very glitzed out card. I hope it's not too much, there is a lot going on there.

Anyway, I hope you all have an awesome weekend. Thanks for looking.

'Til Later,

Kelly



1 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh, my gosh-what an absolutely beautiful card!!!
So very, very pretty. You mom will love this card for sure. And yes, I am suprised about the butterflies but not about the awesome cards you do.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio